The following selections from Ultimate Combat are approved for play in Living Pathfinder.
- Archetypes ~ All archetypes that do not involve firearms.
- Feats ~ All feats that do not involve firearms.
- Spells ~ All spells that do not involve firearms or spell blights.
- Chapter Three
- Eastern Armor and Weapons
- Gladiatorial Weapons
- Primitive Armor and Weapons
- Performance Combat
- Siege Weapons not involving gunpowder
- Chapter Four
- Vehicles that do not involve alchemical propulsion.
The following selections from Ultimate Combat are explicitly excluded from play in Living Pathfinder.
From Chapter 1: Classes and Archetypes
- Gunslinger & related firearms feats/archetypes/weapons
- Musketeer (Cavalier archetype)
- Holy Gun (Paladin archetype)
- Black Powder Inquisition (Inquisitor domain)
- Rogue Talents
- Firearm Training
From Chapter 2: Feats
- Grit feats
From Chapter 3: Mastering Combat
- Firearms (Equipment)
- Black Powder-based Siege Engines
- Firearm/Black Powder-based Spells
From Chapter 4: Vehicles
- Alchemical Engines
All of Chapter 5: Variant Rules
- Armor as Damage Reduction
- Called Shots
- Piecemeal Armor
- Wounds and Vigor